Blending in the Gaps: Increasing Student Achievement in Science Education Using Blended Learning
Also check out these other resources, Blended Learning & Implementing Change, Blended Learning Implementation Video, Innovation Plan, and Literature Review for more information pertaining to my plan for implementing blended learning.
Implementation of Blended Learning Outline
Goal: Supplement gaps in student achievement in science with customized STEMscopes assignments and activities.
Step 1: Preparation
- Cost- $0, implementing blended learning to increase student achievement will not cost the district. All parts of the implementation are already supported by the district.
- Laptops, iPods, Smart Phones, Personal Computers
- STEMscopes Training- teachers are already provided training by the district to use the different features in STEMscopes.
- Eduphoria Training- teachers are already provided training to use features in Eduphoria.
Step 2: Collecting and Analyzing Data
- Collecting Data– Students will take their regular unit tests, test data will be collected in Aware.
- Analyzing Data- Teachers will analyze data in Aware and compile a list of students that did not master the tested topic.
Step 3: Parent Contact to Develop a Plan
- Parents– Teachers will contact parents of students that did not master topics on test.
- Phone call
- Develop a Plan- Teacher and Parents will develop a plan for when the student will complete STEMscopes activities.
- At home for homework
- Arranged day and time, before or after school
Step 4: Assigning Activities
- Personalizing Activities- For each student that did not master a topic on the test, teachers will assign a supplemental assignment or activity through STEMscopes
- CLOZe-ing in on Science
- Concept Review Game
- Project Based Learning
- Other varied activities
Step 5: Reassessing Students
- Reassessing Students- Teachers will reassess student achievement on topic.
- Create an assessment in STEMscopes
- Use informal assessment methods
- Use premade test in STEMscopes
- Concept attainment quiz
- Post assessment
- Writing science